In British Columbia, growers and harvesters are required to update their harvest log with processor receipt information within 14 days of harvest. BlueTrace makes it easy.
"15.4 Within fourteen days of the product being accepted by a facility licensed by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency with the appropriate shellfish processing permission, the licence holder shall record:
- date product accepted a facility licensed by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency with the appropriate shellfish processing permission (must be completed even if product wet stored at another licensed aquaculture facility that is approved for wet storage); and
- total weight, OR number of dozens, OR number of individuals of harvested product accepted by a facility licensed by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency with the appropriate shellfish processing permission. The unit of measure reported must match what is reported in the Annual Aquaculture Statistical Report."
Here are step-by-step instructions for satisfying this requirement in the app:
- Navigate to the Log screen.
- Select the lot to which you will be adding processor information.
- Tap the "Processor Info" button
- Complete the required fields: Quantity, Units (pieces, dozens, lbs,...), and Date Accepted.
- Tap "Done" in the upper right of the screen.
- Whenever you export your log, this information will be displayed in the required format at the far right of the log.